I have been busy finishing off a project for my church. I confess that this project was supposed to be one I completed during Lent but I only got the background pieced which didn’t take long and then I went on a mission to find a pattern for some poppies that I liked.
It took a while and then, by chance, I came across this book by Lynn Ann Majidimehr and my search was over but, by then, so was Lent 😉
So this project really got started during September when I’d collected the fabric together.
I fused all the flower pieces in place on the background then I started stitching all the pieces down by hand using blanket stitch. Some lovely friends all took a turn at doing some and in the end it quickly came together to produce this…
I finished it off with a few beads and stitches for the stamens and was quite amazed at what a difference it made.
And here it is in situ, ready for Remembrance Day tomorrow.
Now back to Dear Jane 😉
Until next time,